|Dream Team Competition
|Posted by Ben McLean on Friday, 28 Sep 2007 at 9:56am
|This year I will be running an online Dream Team competition and it's sure to generate heaps of interest. It'll be available online within a week or so, however I thought I would give you all the chance to view the rules and the player weightings, and that'll give you extra time to prepare your team.
The rules are:
- Anyone can enter a team, it's free and there will be prizes.
- Your team won't get any points until Round 2 starts.
- You are allocated 250 points to pick 11 players for your Dream Team.
- Players have been allocated weighted points based on their performances last season.
- New players have been given an average weighting of 25 points. If your not on the list then contact me ASAP on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your team can be changed anytime except:
- Whilst a player is playing in a match which is a 2 day game.
- Between 11am and 11pm Saturday's during the season.
- Only players playing Senior grade can be selected.
- Only points accumulated by your players whilst in your team count toward your teams total points.
- Juniors can be selected but only their Senior grade performances count towards your Dream Team points.
- No restrictions on Bowlers, Batsmen or Keepers, its up to you!
- Points System:
- 1 Point per Run
- 12 Points per Wicket
- 10 Points per Catch, RunOut, Stumping
- -20 Points for a Duck
- -20 Points for Economy Rate Over 6 per Over.
- Double Points for your Team Captain (Includes Double Negative Points too)
The rankings below were calculated based on Team of the Year points divided by the number of games played. So if someone got only a few opportunities last season then they could be a great value pick in your team for this season.
|Van Lith, Matt