|Countdown to Senior Training
|Posted by Ben McLean on Thursday, 12 Aug 2010 at 10:08am
It's just 1 week until the season kicks off at Maddocks and the committee has been hard at work preparing for the coming season. Heres some things that have happened during the off-season.
and much more....
- The club appointed Jeremy Mackinnon as senior coach and Adam Wild as Club Captain.
- Jeremy Mackinnon and Rhys Marget have completed Level 0 & Level 1 coaching courses.
- Jeremy has also organised to have AFL football Brownlow Medalist and Victorian Cricket player Peter Bedford to talk to the group during pre-season, stay tuned for exact details of that function.
- Rhys Thomas pushed very hard to have a function on Brownlow Medal night at the Irish Pub at Knox (he thinks Dane Swan will win), stay tuned for details on that too.
- Rob Cottle put together a successful application for Knox Council to fund 50% of the costs to install a new secure shed at the nets facility. The shed should be installed prior to outdoor training commencing.
- Daine Vernon and myself are looking into installing rubber mats on the back and side nets to extend the life of our training balls.
- Aaron Bailey has been nutting out ideas for functions and putting plans together in his role as Cricket Operations Manager
- Tim Flintoff and Ian Jongen are handling coaching and communications for our Junior teams
- This website has had some enhancements with Facebook integration, and standby for the clubs new Twitter account that will keep you updated on functions, training and match day scores!
- Travis Mulder has taken over the Milo In2Cricket Program and will be running clinics in primary schools.
So now we look forward to seeing you all at the first training session. Wednesday 18th August, please arrive at 6.45pm, so we can have a light
warm-up and get straight into batting and bowling. Those who arrive
first will be first to bat. We have a later start than most seasons so
it's important everyone trains from the beginning. Contact Senior Coach
Jeremy Mackinnon on 042 328 6063 with any questions.
Note: There will be no road-running during these sessions.
Please bring $5 to cover the cost.
13 Mary Street
View Larger Map